CMLA provides a complete development system for use in the testing, debug and trialing of CMLA implementations. This system is functionally equivalent the production system.
It is highly recommended that all implementations be fully tested on the development system resources of CMLA prior to any exercise of the implementation on the CMLA production system.
Customers conducting trials using the development system must also be aware of the limitations inherent with the development system (e.g. limited customer support, necessity of content owner explicit approval of content use given the limited protection).
Sample Key Kit
CMLA provides sample keys and certificates that are available for download to support developers in testing of their CMLA implementations. These generic keys and certificates are for development use only.
The sample kit also includes specific certificates for testing UltraViolet™ implementations.
Download Sample Key Kit
There are three different ways for non-licensees to try CMLA technology. These options are described below.
- Commercial Trial
- Service Providers conducting this trial must sign the Service Provider Agreement (and Broadcast Addendum if trialing broadcast services) becoming a full CMLA licensee.
- Premium content needing full protection can be used in this trial.
- This trial uses the CMLA production environment. The service system and clients need to meet full-compliance to CMLA rules and specifications.
- Development Trial
- Service Providers conducting this trial must sign the Service Provider Agreement and the SPA Developer Addendum (and Mobile Broadcast Addendum if trialing broadcast services) becoming a CMLA developer licensee.
- Non-premium content is used in this trial. Premium content can be used only with direct approval from content owner for this use.
- This trial uses the CMLA development system. The service system and clients may be pre-production products (not fully compliant).
- Sponsored Trial
- Service Providers conducting this trial do not need any licenses or agreements with CMLA. This trial is sponsored by an existing CMLA licensee (Client Adopter or Service Provider).
- The sponsoring CMLA licensee must have a bilateral agreement with the trialing company where the responsibilities to maintain the integrity and security of the CMLA development environment are agreed.
- The sponsoring licensee must execute the CMLA Sponsored Trial Agreement prior to the start of the trial.
- The sponsoring licensee is responsible for all agreements and payments to CMLA. The sponsor will order temporary access (with a set expiration period) to the CMLA development system and development online system from CMLA Services.
- Non-premium content is used in this trial.
- This trial uses the CMLA development environment. The service system and clients may be pre-production products (not fully compliant).